Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Kind of Trouble (Texas Trouble, #1) by Becky McGraw


This is the first time I've read anything by Becky McGraw, and I was not disappointed. I've found a "new" author to add to my Favorites list. :)

I'm a big fan of Steffen Hughes (www.steffenhughes.com), and he recently did a photo shoot for the cover of Becky's newest Texas Trouble novel. Now like any warm-blooded woman out there, for me the cover art is 90% of the reason I chose a book to read, and with Steffen on the cover, I can "legally" drool all I want without getting into trouble. ;-)   Anyway, I went to Becky's Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/beckymcgrawbooks), said hi and gave her a "Like". When I explained that I have a blog for reviewing books, she was kind enough to provide me a free copy of "My Kind of Trouble" to read and review.

So, on to the review! :-)

"My Kind of Trouble" is the first book in the "Texas Trouble" series. the story is about Cassie Bellamy and Luke Matthews. Cassie left her hometown 10 years before and planned to never return. When her father is injured, she returns home to help out on his ranch while he recovers. When Cassie left town, she also left behind her boyfriend, Luke Matthews.


A lot has happened in the 10 years they've been apart. Cassie now has a successful real estate business and a new fiance. Luke, who was once the town bad boy, is now the town Sheriff. Of course the pair are destined to run into each other again, and the sparks are still flying between them. Will Cassie and Luke be able to overcome the hurt feelings and misunderstandings of the past, or will they be destined to remain apart?

Becky McGraw has done a great job of writing a set of characters that are believable and easy to relate to. Luke and Cassie do not have an easy time overcoming their past and several things occur to try to keep them apart. I enjoyed the fact that even though I knew Cassie and Luke would get their HEA (after all this IS a romance novel), it wasn't a smooth ride for either of them.

I can't wait to start reading the rest of the books in this series. I admit that when it comes to choosing genres of romance novels, Cowboy/Western themed romances aren't always my first pick. But after this particular book, they are quickly moving up the list. :-)

So go check out Becky McGraw's "My Kind of Trouble". I give it a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment