Friday, August 16, 2013

My first blog post

*sigh*
Where to start? Well, this is my very first blog, so maybe starting with why I decided to start a blog might be a good idea.

I recently discovered an indie author a few months ago and have become quite a big fan of her works. She started a street team page on Facebook for her fans, as a way to help spread the word about her books. One of the things all the street team members have been asked to do was simply promote her works by writing reviews and sharing the reviews with others. Not a hard thing to do. 

I've never done a blog before, because in my opinion, I feel I'm a pretty boring person. I have a Facebook profile, but that's mostly just to keep in touch with family and friends, find out what they're doing. I'm not up on the latest movies or tv shows. I don't go to movies, or have cable/satellite tv. Theaters are expensive anymore, and having an autistic child makes it difficult. A lot of the shows on tv anymore are just plain garbage. So we wait for movies to come out on DVD, Netflix, or Amazon Video on Demand. Same goes for tv shows, Netflix or Amazon has a great selection of titles. (FYI, my youngest son lives for NOVA and anything having to do with nature or science)

So here I am, doing a blog about books I'm currently reading. I do a lot of reading. I've always got a book stashed somewhere. I've always been an avid reader since childhood. I was always checking out as many books as possible from the school library. As I grew older, it was not uncommon for me to check out 10-20 novels at a time, because I'd go through them so fast. Now with the advent of electronic media, I don't have to carry a ton of books around anymore, I can just download them to my smartphone or tablet. Don't get me wrong, I still carry around regular books with me, but I'm also sure to have multiple e-books at hand as well. :-)

So thank you for joining me. I look forward to sharing my opinions about books I've read. Hopefully I'm able to interest you in something new, and if you have any authors you're excited about, please share. I never know when I'll come across a new genre I might like. Like my mother used to tell me, "you won't know if you like it, if you don't try it". :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment